We only recommend downloading Peerio from peerio.com. You can verify that your download is authentic by checking the application's code signature.
- Right-click the downloaded file (peerio-win.msi)
- Click "Properties"
- Click "Digital Signatures"
- Make sure you see a signature from "Technologies Peerio Inc."
You will need to open Terminal and run the command codesign -dvvv /Applications/peerio.app
- Open Finder
- Select "Applications"
- Select "Utilities"
- Double click "Terminal"
- Run the command: codesign -dvvv /Applications/peerio.app
- In the output, make sure you see "Authority=Developer ID Application: Technologies Peerio Inc."